Ok, here's the deal with Kelsi's car. The day after she talked to Christel (the RA on my floor) about Desi, Jen, and Sasha burning the hand sanitizer, she found out someone keyed her car and took a baseball bat to it. I haven't seen it, but the damage sounds pretty bad. Both sides of her car are keyed the entire length front to back and there are three huge dents, two on the passenger side and one by the tail light on the driver's side (I think that's where she said they are). Anyway, she's going home this coming weekend to get an estimate on the damage and she's going to give a copy to the police department so when/ if they find whoever did it, charges can be pressed.
On a happier note, Desi moved out of my room on Thursday!!!!!!!!!! Now I have a room all to myself and am loving it. I can focus when I'm studying and best of all, I can go to bed when I'm ready, fall asleep and stay asleep through the entire night!!!!! YAY!!!! I'm not going to have a roommate next semester so I can establish who my friends really are and I can make a good choice about who I want to room with next school year.
Dad came down yesterday and hung out with me because he couldn't come down for my birthday because of the snow. We went to Campus Cafe, a little restaurant close to campus, for breakfast. I got strawberry crepes and dad got Eggs Alamosa (2 eggs, ham, toast, and hashbrowns). It was a nice change from cafeteria food. After breakfast, we went fishing in the Rio Grande near Monte Vista and didn't cathc a thing. We could see the fish jumping, but they didn't want to cooperate. Oh well. We still had fun. After that, we drove through downtown Monte Vista (you blink and you're not in downtown Monte anymore) and then came back to Alamosa and walked around downtown for a couple hours. We went to a couple antique shops and dad bought me my birthday present at Vintage Garage Antiques and Collectibles. Pictures are below. We went to the Cafeteria here at school because I had one meal left for the week. I paid for dad's meal with some of my Flexi Dollars. He left last night at about 7:15. I had fun yesterday and so did he.
Now begins the countdown to Thanksgiving Break.
Here are the pictures of my present from dad. The scene is called "Northern Lights" and I think the detail is incredible. How about you?
Can you see the bunny or is the picture too small?
4 comments:
The horse is beautiful, Claire. I can't wait to see it for real someday (these pix don't expand to large if I click on them). What a fun day with Chuckie! Very mellow. Good for you both. I am glad for you to have some personal space in your room now. Wow about the car -- that's frightening, but you know they'll eventually figure out who was responsible for the damage. May this week bring you joy and peace as you know now that the wheels of resolving these issues are finally headed in the right direction. Love you!
Sounds as if you can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so happy to know that! The girls will need to accept the consequences. (College isn't just for academics - hope they'll learn some other things from this.) Your day with dad sounded nice. Cool present too!
I see the bunny...that horse is amazing! Great gift. Sounds like you and your dad had fun and things are shaping up for you. Glad you have your own room!
I am proud of you - you are doing just great with all that you've had to deal with! I am happy that you have some personal space and some time to be very thoughtful and intentional about friends and a future roommate. You go girl!
Post a Comment