Dad went back to Iowa for Thanksgiving. He left Tuesday(?) and was supposed to get back Friday around 3:00 p.m. Instead, the transmission decided to go out in the van about an hour west of Des Moines. So he's still in Iowa at the moment. He's staying with his youngest sister, Ruth, and her family. Hopefully, the van will be fixed tomorrow and he can be home sometime tomorrow night.
I got home Tuesday night around 6:30 and did..... nothing. Ok, I watched Hercules (the Disney movie) and relaxed. Wednesday, I took Fay to church so she and some others from Legacy could go to the soup kitchen at the COS City Hall and volunteer for a few hours. While Fay was doing that, I went to mom's office and ate lunch with her. I met everyone (actually, I only met the people who were in the office) and got a tour of the office. This is going to sound strange, but her office is the longest office to which I've ever been. There are quite a few smaller offices and some larger offices like mom's. After luch, I went to the store and got an eggplant, some block Parmesan cheese, lettuce, and some kind of natural sugar (I forget the name). Then I went home and did homework while I waited for Fay to call me so I could pick her up at church.
Thursday morning I helped make mashed potatoes and some kind of potato gritan (ask Fay if you want to know the exact name). Thanksgiving dinner was at our house this year, which was a nice change (turkey day is usually at the Gillis house). Thursday afternoon and early evening was spent doing really nothing. There was coloring and beading and reading and watching football. Later that night, Sue, Lauren, mom, Fay, and I watched Twilight. The plan was to go and see New Moon Friday, but that didn' t work out, so the five of us went to see it Saturday morning. I thought it was really good, but that's just me. We went to Wahoo's for a late lunch. The everyone except Lauren went up to Parker and met Terry, Lily, Nina, and grandma at THe Hickory House for dinner. I got the chicken finger dinner (5 chicken fingers, potato salad, beans, and a piece of garlic bread). I did not eat it all. I ate all of the chicken and most of the beans and garlic bread and a little of the potato salad. I was still full from my fish burrito. :)
Today I went to church for the first time since I went home for Fall Break (the beginning of October) - so about a month and a half. It was nice to see church people again and visit with friends for a while. After church, the three of us girls went to Qdoba for lunch (we took our food home) and met my ride down here at the Black Eyed Pea at 1:15 or so. Now I'm back in my dorm room, bored already and getting stuff ready for classes tomorrow.
Here's my contribution to the "Chemis-tree" here. I guess this is an annual thing the Chemistry department puts on every year. Isn't he cute?
I will try my best to write next weekend, but no promises. I'll probably be busy with homework and writing my lst research paper for English.
4 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the mole!!! So cute...and so clever, too! 3 more weeks, you can do it!!
Your break sounds just right, Claire. A lot of vegging, and a good amount of time with family! Good for you. It was nice to see you on Saturday, College girl! I hope this week is going great for you at school. Cute mole! :)
You need to clarify that you MADE that mole! Bravo!
We're glad you liked being home for break. We loved having you!
Post a Comment