Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to me - or not

This week was nuts. Most of you know what happened. For those of you who don't here's the jist of what happened. Before I fill you in, Housing gives everyone three strikes and then you're kicked out of the dorms and out of ASC.

So, Monday night, Desi, Jen (one of the girls on the rugby team), and Sasha (another rugby player) all decided to be stupid and burn Purell hand sanitizer on the floor using a lighter. Two things that are wrong: 1) they used a lighter (an open flame) to burn the Purell, which is against dorm rules, and 2) the sopts where they burned the Purell are now white, instead of the light brown color of the rest of the floor. They got in trouble for that. Strike 1 for Desi, Jen, and Sasha.

Jen decided about two weeks ago to get a puppy. So, she got a puppy from a friend and brought it to the dorm. Bad idea. On Tuesday this week, there were a couple things going on. First, Jen and Desi had the puppy in my room and decided to let me watch the puppy while they went to the movie. Second, Christel and Jenny, the RA's for the women's wing of Girault, were doing room inspections for housing (just to make sure everything is working) and found out about the puppy. I told them it wasn't mine and told them it belongs to Jen. After they left, Jen texted me and asked if everything was alright. I said no and she came back to my room and called the captain of the women's rugby team, Brenda, to come and get this puppy. In other words, Jen, Desi, Sasha and Brenda all lied about who the puppy belongs to. I didn't get in trouble because I told the truth. Desi and Jen got in trouble and weren't that happy. Strike 2 for Jen and Desi.

Yesterday (my birthday) was fun while I wasn't in my room. Mom, Fay, grandma, and Mattie (our south neighbor's Mini Pincher) came down yesterday morning and we went to the Alamosa National Wildlife Refuge. There wasn't any wildlife out and about. All we saw were two horses and a few birds. Then again, there was snow on the ground and it was windy and cold. Oh well. It was just nice to hand with them and get away from campus for a while. For dinner, mom, Fay, grandma, Monique (a friend who had nothing to do with any of the drama), and I went to St. Ives, a pub and grill (we went to the grill) for my birthday dinner. My Spanish teacher from high school went to Adams and Mr. Verderaime said I should go to St. Ives and get their Green Chiliburger. I did. It was huge. It was really good. The burger itself took up an entire plate. My fries cane in a seperate basket.Everyone else had fries on their plate. I ate all the burger, but didn't eat all of my fries because mom made me a cake! What kind, you ask? Why, spice cake, of course! What else did you think it would be, silly? :) Anyway, I had a great time yesterday. Until I got back to the dorm.

I came back from dinner, I walk into my room WITH FAY FOLLOWING ME, and what do I see? Desi, Jen, and the puppy. Again. I tried to ignore them and helped Fay with Spanish homework. Jen and Desi decide to go to WalMart and get pumpkins to carve. Jen asks me if I can watch the dog. I didn't give a definite yes or no. Jen assumes I can and tells me the puppy should be fine. Jen and Desi leave and not two minutes after they leave, the dog wakes up from a nap, stands up, and goes poop on Desi's bed. I looked at Fay and said that Jen could clean that mess up because it's her dog, not mine. About 5 minute later, mom got back from WalMart (she bought me more shampoo and conditioner) and knocked on my door. She walks in and I start crying and I said, "They did it again, mom! They went to WalMart to get pumpkins to carve and left me with the dog." Mom didn't like that at all and went to find Christel, the RA for my floor, and Christina, the RD. They both come to my room and I tell them what I told mom. Anyway, Desi and Jen came back and I went to get Christel like I was told to do. I didn't go back to the room right away. I let Christel and Christina handle it. Strike 3 for Desi and Jen. This story gets better.

Later on last night, I'm sitting in my room and Christel knocks on my door and asks if I can come with her. I said sure and we went to Kelsi's (a former rugby player like me) room and Christel asks about a statement Sasha made last week. Sasha said she and Desi were going to "hide" Kelsi's stuff in people's rooms around campus. They were actually going to throw it in the dumpsters. Before I go on, let me say this about Sahsa. If someone says or does something she doesn't like, she chews that person out. In other words, she has some major anger problems. How do I know this? I got chewed out last night for telling the RA's about the puppy and how I'm a backstabber and, apparently, I'm now a bitch. I didn't get mad when I was texting her and all I said was that "I'm sorry she feels that way." and "I'm a friend who is trying to help." The last thing I texted her was "Whatever" because she's immature and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone who is immature. I know I'm going to get an earfull from Sasha Sunday night and all I'm going to say is, "Is this about me telling Christel about the puppy the second time? I didn't. My mom did and she doesn't put up with this kind of stupid stuff. Ask Christel who told her about the dog." and then I'm going to walk away. Strike 2 for Sasha.

After that conversation, Kelsi told Christel Desi and Jen had Sasha's room key, which is not allowed, even if someone gives you their key while they're gone for the weekend. Christel got it from them and brought it into Kelsi's room and said the key was not to leave the room for the rest of the weekend. Desi and Jen were mad about that, too. Strike 4 for Desi and Jen. Both of them are getting kicked out of the dorms and ASC.

I have two other tidbits of information that could potentially get Sahsa kicked out: she burned Purell on Desi's desk. While I was there watching. I don't have a video and there's not a mark on the desk, so I don't know if Christel will believe me. I have also seen Sahsa drunk in her room. Again, no video, so I don't know if Christel will believe me. Should I tell Christel about this stuff?

I'm stressed. I will admit that. Am I sorry I got Jen in trouble for having the puppy in the dorm? Absolutely not. She broke the rules and put me in a tight spot. Basically, she used me. And I don't like being used. I'll never let this happen to me again. Ever.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Your day didn't end very well, but the beginning was great because Claire is now finished with physical therapy for her shoulder! She will continue to do specific exercises on her own to build strength and range of motion for the next while. That part was good news on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is indeed drama. But entirely brought on by the young women making the foolish decisions! And I guess that makes the issue about whether Claire or Desi needs to move out of the room they were sharing. How quickly does ASC make someone leave after a series of strikes like that? Breathe deeply, Claire. I will assume that this is the deepest rut you'll find yourself in socially this year!! Everything else should look UP from here on out! Congrats on your shoulder, too. Love you! Terry

Nan said...

Oh man - that IS a lot of drama - which I am sorry you've had to go through - but I like your resolve about not being used - you are right - no one has the right to use you and treat you that way. You hang in there Claire! You are loved and supported!

Lily said...

Sorry to hear about all the drama--stress=no fun. :( I would tell Christel what you've seen, but do add that you don't have the evidence and be that humble about it. Basically just give her a heads up, and to keep an eye out on Sasha.
love you lots!

Kristin said...

Wow, sounds like these girls are doing a good job of sabotaging their college careers on their own. Probably not necessary to take any action to tell on them, especially since you have no proof and since it already happened and no one was harmed. I really hope the rest of your year is less dramatic! You are such a great person and hold yourself to a higher standard than most. That is something to be proud of! Keep your chin up!

Happy Birthday (a little late)~

Kristin