Thursday, October 14, 2010

This week has been an emotional rollercoaster. Most of this week I spend feeling a little depressed - like I couldn't do anything right. This was mostly because of work and my supervisor (Leah) being a complete jerk about little things. I guess I was supposed to go in last weekend and work on making media for the micro biology labs this week, but I was never informed of this until I got to work on Monday and my supervisor seemed a little angry that none of the media had been made. How can I do something when I don't know I'm supposed to do it? Tuesday I got repremanded bacause I didn't have time to pour some media in Petri dishes to make plates and put some test tubes on a special rack to make slants. Leah went off and said she is supposed to work in the chemistry department in the afternoons rather than pour media. Her job is to help the lab prep people when we need it. All she does is sit in front of a computer all day. Amber and I both are a little ticked off at the way Leah has been treating us and how hard she's been on us this past week. I'm only supposed to work 9 hrs./week. This week I put in 12.75 hours. I hope Leah is eaiser on us next week. I'm (hopefully) going to be working in the bookstore next semester - I won't have to put up with this and I'll have a schedule that is much more predictable than the work schedule I have now.

I ran a 5K last weekend for Homecoming and it took me 47 minutes. I felt a lot better - I wasn't as stressed as before when I finished. I'm running one again this weekend at the Relief Sale.

That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claire, sometimes it's nice to read these after the fact - when a little more time has passed. it was great to chat with you at the Sale and to get your perspective on college life these days. I hope this week has been a little less stressful - maybe you've had a chance to run a time or two as well and reduce those stress levels even more! love ya, T