Saturday, October 30, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Yesterday was a good day. Not only was it my birthday, which was extra special because mom, dad, and Fay came down, but also because we finally moved into our new apartment! At first it had that "new apartment" smell, but now it smells like apples and cinnamon (an air freshner). I'll try to put some pics up soon. Here's a general description of the apartment for now. When you walk in the front door, the living room is right there. There's a green suede sofa and chair with an entertainment center, a coffee table, and a small end table. The kitchen is attached to the living room by a bar with four bar stools. The kitchen has a fridge, a stove, an oven, cabinets and a few shelves. There's some storage, but I wish there was more. The first room down the hall is mine, then Sarah's, Sam's (we don't know if she's going to move in yet), and then Kyla's. All the bedrooms have a bed frame with a mattress, a desk, a closet, a set of drawers, and of course a window. At the end of the hall is a storage closet, a shower room, a big vanity-type counter, and a bathroom.

We (Sarah, Kyla, and I) decided to make dinner last night. We made a pork raost with celery and carrots cooked in cream of celery soup with a packet of onion soup and a little bit of water, salad (provided by Sarah's mom Carol), baked potaotes and condiments (provided by Kyla's family), fruit salad (fixed by Fay), gingerbread pumpkin cake (baked by mom), and Cookies 'N' Cream ice cream (from Walmart). It was all really, really good although I did miss the traditional spice cake. Now we have lots of leftovers for lunches and dinners.

That's all the new news from the valley for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm! Gingerbread spice cake. I think I know where that recipe came from! What a fun day - changes in "traditional" flavors are good for the soul, Claire -- just like changes in scenery and surroundings! ;) Celebrate!