Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Week to go...

and I found out I have tendonitis. In the top of my left foot. I went to the doctor yesterday because my foot had been buggin me since Moonday afternoon. It was a little better T, W, and R, but R night it begain to really, really hurt. I had trouble falling asleep it hurt so badly. So, yesterday after class, my roommate (one of them for next year) and best friend Sarah took me to the doctor's before she went to work (I owe her). Anyway, I told the doctor about my foot and she asked me some questions and took a look at it. She said that it's tenonitis and it's probably because of wearing flip-flops a lot. I don't wear them everyday, but I do like wearing them. No more flip-flops for the next week (actually, the next few weeks, just to make sure). I was told to wear shoes with a heel strap or regular shoes. I really don't want to wear the shoes I have dowm here because they make my feet so hot. I guess I'll try my Chaco sandals and see if those make my foot hurt at all.

I have five days to study for my finals. I'm going to devote one day to each subject (bio, chem, art, and psych) and spend the other day studying for my chem final again. I cannot afford to fail or do poorly on that final, otherwise I might not pass. The hardest part of that final is going t be the organic part (60 questions). I'm not too worried about the biochemistry portion of the final (60 questions). My bio final shouldn't be too hard (50 questions). It's basically a big picture, general concepts final with a little more attention paid to the stuff we just learned. My art final is half way done. I wrote the online essays this morning and all I have to do now is study for the in-class part of the final (50 multiple choice questions). My psych final is an open book final. I'm not really worried about that final at all/ I'm still going to go over stuff and look at my notes, but other than that, I'm sure I'll do just fine on the 100 question final. I have a 103% in that class, so if I mess up a little, it's not going to hurt me too much.

Ok. I had better get back to studying, if I can stay awake. I think all the lost sleep this semester is finally catching up with me.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh man...that's a bummer about your foot. Poopy news to get just at the start of flip-flop season. :(

Anonymous said...

Claire, one of these days they'll be making flip flops with the support that our feet need, right?! Good luck with your studies!! You can do it - your strategy sounds perfect! hugs!

Claire Kanagy said...

actually i have a pair of chaco flip-flops. i tried wearing them to see if i could. i can't. not yet, anyway. my foot hurts too badly.