Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rugby Info

As some of you know, I am on the women's rugby team here at Adams State. Rugby is similar to football, but there are differences. Here are some links you can follow to learn a little more about rugby:



If you have other questions about the game, let me know and I'll try to find out for you.

Here are a few pictures of a rugby ball compared to a football.

Pretty similar, huh? These pictures are not to scale; a rugby ball is a little more than twice the size of a football.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, next we'll need a home video of you NOT getting all bruised up in a game of rugby! Go grizzlies :)!

Anonymous said...

What I'm already laughing about on Wikipedia is the quote ["hurling to goals" which dates back to the bronze age, the West country called it "hurling over country"]... How much 'Hurling' do you think you'll be doing?? Yukky!
And why on earth do Brits always have to have class distinctions for everything?! "league" versus "union," for example. Sheesh.